Sunday, October 16, 2011

Memoir Photo 3 - Partner in Crime


I have a miniature schnauzer named Pepper. We got her from the pound after my dad's old dog Rebel died. She was a few months old and had been found in a parking lot with a broken paw, so we had to keep her in a little doggy cast the first few months we had her (which was, by the way, pretty much the most adorable thing I've ever seen).

Very quickly she became, quite obviously, my dog. We did some research and found that it's been observed that schnauzers as a breed attach themselves to one person. In my family, I was the favorite, and she was pretty much my best friend. One time she actually jumped up onto the bus as I was getting home from school because I didn't get off fast enough.

She's getting older these days, but my parents still joke that I'm going to hide her in my suitcase when I run off to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment